TRAVEL ESSENTIALS IN YOUR TRAVEL BACKPACK.
Here are few pointers to concentrate on :-
1. MAKE A CHECK-LIST
Make a checklist of all the important documents and papers you are expected to carry. Keep your passport, visa, plane ticket, personal ID, mobile phone(with charger) and few eateries ready. These are things you need easy access to during your departure and arrival, so pack them in your hand luggage.
2. CHOOSE YOUR LUGGAGE OR BACKPACK WISELY
Pick a luggage that is versatile, lightweight and big enough to hold all your essentials. Make sure that the luggage don’t have any broken wheel,zipper or handle.
3. ORGANISE YOUR FIRST AID KIT AND TOILETRY BAG
Don’t forget to put your health medicines in the bag along with first-aid stuff because nobody wants to suffer a punishing headache, high-climate fever, upset stomach during a holiday.
Toiletry bag should be filled with Toothbrush and toothpaste, Haircomb, Sunscreen and face lotion with SPF, Personal hygiene items, Prescription sunglasses, Sewing kit/clothing care kit, Travel towel, Hand sanitizer or wet wipes, Extra contacts, solution, and contact case.
4. PREPARE YOUR CARRY-ON BAG/HANDBAG
Prepare your personal item carry-on bag with anything you’ll want with you on the flight. Here we go with the items:-
- Cash and credit/debit cards
- Mobile device and charger
- Laptop, iPad, or E-reader and charger
- Travel pillow, blanket, eye mask
- Water bottle
- Guide books, travel guides, maps, language guides.
5. HOME SECURITY IS MUST
If you’re going an extended trip, it’s essential to get your home in order before you go.
- Arrange for care of pets, lawn, and plants
- Pre-pay your bills (water, electricity, DTH, Wifi etc.)
- Unplug appliances
- Empty refrigerator
- Store valuables in a safe place
- Lock all doors and windows properly
6. ORGANISE YOUR BAG EFFECTIVELY
Pack clothes in groups- it’s easier to find what you need and unpack on the other side. Also, save bag space for all your holiday purchases.
7. WHAT TO AVOID?
- Leave behind sharp objects like knives, scissors and blades.
- Don’t pack any food or other perishable goods; it could get messy if they leak in your luggage.
- To save some luggage space, you could wear one of your heavier jackets on the day you are boarding your plane.
- Press your clothes with an iron box so it becomes easier to fold or pack them.
- Observe restrictions on baggage.
- Leave behind anything you feel is in excess to your immediate needs. You can always purchase the same abroad.
8. SOME EXTRAS
If your trip will take you to a variety of places, or transversely if you will be navigating off the beaten path, Pack these extras to travel smartly.
- Going-Out Outfits
- Going-Out Shoes
- Swim Suits
- Small Snacks
- LightWeight Hair Dryer
- Travel Charger/Power Bank